Welcome to the 22nd John Goldman International E-Conference on Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Biology and Therapy!
On demand Conference: September 21-October 14, 2020
Live Conference: October 1-4, 2020
Registration for the E-Conference is offered at a reduced cost: do not miss the opportunity to meet and interact with international experts directly from your home or office!
Registration for the E-Conference, will give you access to the full scientific content of the meeting regardless of your time zone:
- The whole program will be broadcast live. All discussions and presentations requiring voting or live scientific interaction (debates, Meet the Expert sessions) will be held live and all registered attendees who wish to participate are invited to join us online at the indicated CEST time. Pre-recorded lectures will be streamed live, followed by their live panel discussion (Question & Answer period) at the indicated CEST time.
Click here to view the Program
- Pre-recorded lectures will be available to registered participants “on demand” as of September 21. During the meeting, the full scientific program will progressively become available within the “on demand” program, as the E-Conference’s live components are recorded real time. The program on demand will be accessible throughout the E-Conference and for ten days after it is over. This will enable registered attendees to revisit the sessions that interest them the most at their leisure, at times convenient to them according to their geographic location and time zone.
Click here to view the Program
- The E-Conference will include fully live, interactive Meet the Expert sessions on specific topics. Space is limited for these sessions and pre-registration is required.
Please note that Meet the Expert sessions do not include a presentation by the session Leaders. They are designed to answer your questions and to provide expert guidance on specific questions. If you register for one of the sessions you will be expected to come prepared to ask at least one question.Webcam is compulsory.
Each Meet the Expert session will be organized for a maximum of 15 people.
- The E-Conference will also include ePoster sessions and interactive Mentored Poster Walks.
- A list of citations to guide further reading and the Conference E-Book will also be available on the platform.
- Earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits: The E-Conference is CME accredited and you will be eligible to claim EBAH credit points for the time you spend improving your knowledge and skills at this meeting.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Speakers at this meeting will present new, often unpublished data relating to the (1) Biology of CML including the origin of BCR-ABL1, signal transduction, basis of disease progression, action of tyrosine kinase inhibitors and mechanisms underlying resistance to TKI, and (2) aspects of treatment including prediction and definition of responses, drugs used in combination, modern diagnostics and molecular monitoring, targeting residual stem cells, approaches to cure and treatment free remission.
The program will include:
- Special lectures including the John Goldman Prize lecture, the Janet Rowley Prize lecture and the iCMLf Prize lecture.
- Keynote lectures
- Oral communications selected from submitted abstracts
- Workshops for non-clinical scientists
- Meet-the-Expert Sessions
- Clinical and Biology Mentored Poster Walks
- Special symposium on Oncoimmunology in Hematologic Malignancies
- The ESH International John Goldman Research Award presentation 2020.
Main Topics of the E-Conference:
– Stem Cells and the microenvironment
– Molecular biology and new targets
– Proteomics and Secretomics
– Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
– Mechanisms of resistance and disease progression
– Immunology and inflammation
– Therapeutic interventions
– Treatment free remission
– Safety and patient reported outcomes
– Clinical trial design
– The new ELN recommendations
– New drugs in development
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
1. Understand current and new concepts of the signal transduction pathways involved in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and the mechanisms of action of tyrosine kinase inhibitors and other new agents.
2. Have insight into the possible mechanisms of genomic instability that predisposes to formation of the BCR-ABL fusion gene and pre-dispose also to disease progression and the consequences of such instability.
3. Define a leukemia stem cell and its relationship to disease kinetics in so far as current knowledge permits.
4. Evaluate the merits of various management decisions, e.g. how to start treatment for patients in the different phases of CML, how to assess success or failure of initial treatment, what approaches to consider for patients who have failed to respond well to initial treatment, including assessing the precise role of second and third generation TKIs and other non-molecular therapeutic approaches.
5. Review the current recommendations and discuss current concepts and challenges of monitoring individual patients with hematologic, cytogenetic and molecular (RQ-PCR) methods.
6. Assess the role of allogeneic stem cell transplantation in the management of CML.
7. Critically evaluate the possible role of the different immunotherapeutic approaches in the treatment of CML.
8. Discuss current data and ongoing research regarding treatment-free survival as an endpoint in CML management.
9. Discuss patient reported outcomes and their role in the management of patients with CML.
We encourage you to visit the booths of our corporate partners in the virtual Exhibition Hall.
The registration fee for the “22nd John Goldman E-Conference Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Biology and Therapy” is:
– Fully trained: 80€
– In-training: 50€ (Proof will be requested to confirm your in-training status.)
– Allied Health Professionals: 50€
– Corporate: 150€
This fee includes:
– Access to the on demand program from September 21 to October 14, 2020
– Access to the live program
– Access to the Conference E-Book from October 1 to October 14, 2020
– Access to the E-Poster Area from September 21 to October 14, 2020
– Access to the Mentored E-Poster Walks.
Your access to the conference will be definitively confirmed upon receipt of your registration fee.
MEET THE EXPERT SESSIONS registration will open closer to the E-CONFERENCE (extra fee of 20€ per session).
Test my connection